CAN WE PLEASE MEET YOU?
Mr Tourism – I am PRINCE P.O DANIEL. I am PGD student of University of Jos studying Pharmaceutical chemistry. I am 25 years old. And most importantly, I am a Nigerian.
TELL US ABOUT YOUR FAMILY BACKGROUND?
– I come from a polygamous family of 23 children, 13 boys and 10 girls. My dad is a First Class Chief, while my mum is a business Tycoon.
HOW DO YOU FEEL TONIGHT AS WINNER MR. TOURISM PLATEAU 2017/2018?
– I feel awesome and glad. I’m overwhelmed with joy.
WHEN YOU WHERE ANNOUNCED AS THE WINNER, WHAT WENT THROUGH YOUR MIND?
-Lots of things were going through my mind. But actually my mind was blank because I didn’t really hear my name very clearly. I don’t really know what to say but I am just too happy.
DID YOU DREAM OF WINNING THE CONTEST?
– Yes, I have always dreamt of being in this position because I have always had the passion of helping humanity, so I had always wanted a platform where I can carry out this thing.
HOW WOULD YOU DESCRIBE YOUR EXPERIENCE AT THE CAMP?
– The experience was wonderful. There were lots of funs, drama, talking, laughing. So many good things happened in the camp and I really loved it. They were good memories. At the camp, I learnt punctuality, perseverance and humility because it was a regional contest for North Central Nigeria which one winner was picked from each state i.e from the six states that made up of the North Central Nigeria.
WERE YOU SURPRISED THAT YOU WON IN YOUR STATE, THAT IS, AS MR. TOURISM PLATEAU AMONG THE 8 CONTESTANTS FROM YOUR STATE?
– Yes, I am still very surprised that I won the competition because there were lots of contestants in the house.
WHAT ARE YOU TAKING AWAY FROM THIS COMPETITION?
– Being friendly with people is actually a good thing. You never know where you will meet them tomorrow. It’s actually best for you to be nice to people, talk to them and relate with them in a good manner.
HOW DID YOUR PARENT REACT TO YOUR EMERGENCE THE KING?
– My mother is happy and over excite. My dad couldn’t make it to the venue of the show. There were rumours about pageantry not being healthy for guys. But despite this, I convinced them that it was not going to be the same.
WHAT ABOUT YOU’RE GIRLFRIEND? IS SHE EXCITED TOO?
– I don’t have a girl friend. That’s not really my priority right now
– WHO ARE YOUR HEROES?
My first ICON is God Almighty and the second is my Mum. My role model is the former president of Nigeria PROF. GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN. I love him so much because he lives an exemplary life to the world. He motivated me alot. Also, I am really grateful to everybody including my family and friends. I love them all.
WHAT ADVICE DO YOU HAVE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE WHO WOULD LOVE TO GO INTO MODELING, POLITICS AND ENTERTAINMENT ETC?
– If you have the desire to go into modeling, politics, entertainment etc go for it and always put God first in everything you do in life and be sincere to yourself wishing you all the best of luck.
WHAT ARE YOUR HOBBIES?
– I love reading medical / pharmaceutical textbooks, I love traveling and listening to music. I love reading inspirational books and novels. I love writing and singing. I also like visiting new places and learning how various people live their lives and the different cultures.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MEALS?
– I don’t have a favourite dish. What I eat depends on my mood at that moment and what I feel like eating. It can be pounded yam or rice.
THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
Thank you too for the wonderful questions.